Ata Mohammad Adnan, a doctor by profession and a photographer out of passion, was born to doctor parents in 1989 and finally picked up a camera during his third year in medical school.
Adnan is essentially a people photographer and intends to tell their stories through his photographs. Photography to him is an extension of his lifestyle and his camera, a part of his body. Photography has helped him get closer to people, often breaking boundaries of socio-economic borders.
His photographs have been published in various platforms like BBC, CNN, Huffington Post, Guardian and a host of local newspapers.
He has exhibited his photographs in more than ten countries and has also won a number of national and international photography awards, including the prestigious Sony World Photo Awards 2015.
1. 1st Prize, National Awards at Sony World Photo Awards’2015, UK
2.1st Prize, Wedding Category, International Photo Awards (IPA’2017)
3. 1st Prize, Adtium Photo Contest 2015, Barcelona,Spain
4. 1st Prize, Art of Building Awards 2016, UK.
5. 1st Prize, Ten Photos That Shook the World 2014, India.
6. 1st Prize, Portrait Category, IIUPE’2013, Bangladesh
7. 2nd Prize, Life Category, Break the Circle’2014, Bangladesh
8. 3rd Prize, B&W, Life Around You’2014, Bangladesh
9. 1st Prize, Life in Colour by TPA, UK.
Apart from many group exhibitions across the globe, Adnan has had two solo exhibitions in Chittagong and Dhaka respectively.